Thursday, October 15, 2009

What can you get for a penny a day?

In all honesty, a penny won't buy you much of anything. But I am starting a new blog series, called "a penny a day". This series will hopefully provide you with a list of items, matching coupons and sales, that will allow you to get your money's worth.

Here is the "guidelines" for this series.

I am going to assume that you have $3.65 to spend, a penny a day for the past year. And yes, I will assume this each and every week, for each and every different store. I understand that over the course of a few weeks this will really add up, however in a month that would be just about $14.60 in total spending, which for what you get is really not bad at all!

Some weeks will be less active than others, depending on the coupons and sales that are available. And remember, prices, sales, and coupons will and do vary by region and state, so I can not promise that the deals I find will be available everywhere. This also goes for the actual items purchased. I can not guarantee that the deals will work out 100% of the time, as stores sell out of different items and I just can't plan for that! I hope to give a few different options for you, if items are not available. I will do my best!

I will start with national stores, like Target, Walmart and Walgreens. I have to choose somewhere to start, but over time would like to add more stores and more deals!

I am going to assume that you have around 8 copies of each coupon, but only those coupons that I find in my local FREE paper, peelies, and blinkies. I will include internet printable coupons as well, keeping in mind that IP coupons are normally limited to 2 per computer. For more information on where to get coupons, please see my other posts.

I will NOT include sales tax in the original $3.65. For various reasons, including that sales tax differs from state to state, and county to county. So be advised that this will be in addition to any amounts posted.

Last... Please offer any ideas or deals that you find as well! The more you can buy for $3.65 the better!

We will see how this goes, I'm thinking that it could really work out from week to week and store to store! I can't guarantee that it will get anything or everything that you need, but for FREE or nearly free these items can't be missed! Even if they are purchased, and stockpiled. Keep them for a rainy day, give as gifts, or donate to local food pantries, shelters, or churches.

I hope to find some great deals, and have fun doing it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share