Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Where do you get coupons? Emailing companies for coupons…

 

“CONTACT US”

It has been just about a year since I had worked on my “email” project, emailing companies for coupons.  By emailing a company you let them know that you like their product, want to try their product, or have had an issue with their product.  Often this is the only way to get very brand specific coupons, as well as HIGH value coupons for the products that you love and use.

I read about emailing on another blog, and loved the idea.  While couponingtodisney.com’s writer emails “5 a day”, I simply do not have the time to put the effort into doing 5 a day.  That being said, it is a GREAT way to get some coupons, so I am starting my own emailing schedule. 

Most companies will send coupons every quarter or half year, so emailing more than once in a year is acceptable.  Keeping a list of who you have contacted is a great way to not only track what you got, but to track who you emailed so you avoid duplicate requests.

There are some RULES to emailing companies. 

1.  Only email with a complaint if you have one.  It can be small or big, if you simply dislike their new packaging or they got rid of your favorite flavor, it is okay to email them and let them know.

2.  Be specific.  Emailing a parent company (example: Pepsi) they cover many different brand names and products.  Tell them what product you like/dislike/or want to try, this will help them find the coupons that will work best for you.

3.  Be nice, we are all adults.  Even a complaint should come with a please and a thank you.

So, starting tomorrow, 6/1, I will post a WEEKLY list of who I am emailing and if it is a brand or product that you like, feel free to email them as well.  I will do my best to provide links to their “contact us” page, or the specific email address to send your email to.

Share your success, I will share mine!  As coupons, samples, and other goodies start coming in, I will share my bounty with pictures.  Please feel free to share yours!

My goal is to email 15 per week, all in one day.  I don’t always have time daily to check my email or send emails, so this works for me.  Find a schedule that works for you and have fun! All posts will be flagged with “contact us” as the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share